Senior Machine Learning Engineer / Python Developer
tetrel is a start-up for machine-learning-based software solutions. Our customers include companies and non-profits in Germany and other European countries. The products and tailored solutions we create help organizations take better decisions, as well as improve their operations and processes.
We build complete machine learning software stacks, from data engineering, algorithm development, to deployment as APIs or apps.
We are looking for a senior machine learning engineer / software developer to join our team remotely from anywhere in Germany or in our Berlin office.
- As a member of our team, you build data-intensive applications, services, and data-science projects.
- You design, implement, and deploy the necessary algorithms, code, pipelines, and infrastructure.
- You take ownership of applications and service; you maintain, run and improve them over time.
- You can work autonomously in a fast-changing, cooperative environment and have excellent problem solving skills.
- You communicate clearly and with empathy.
- Your software development skills (>2 years professional experience) are outstanding, and your command of Python is very good.
- You are passionate about building clean, maintainable, and efficient software.
- You have a deep understanding of and at least two years hands-on experience with machine learning algorithms and applied statistics.
- You have a good grasp of distributed systems, cloud computing and DevOps/MLOps workflows.
- You are based in Germany and have a valid work permit.
- Any of the following is a plus:
- A master’s or PhD degree in a field such as mathematics, physics or computer science.
- Experience with NLP, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Numpy, or pyTorch.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools, e.g. Terraform or Pulumi.
- German language skills.
What we offer
- Choose your location. Work remotely or from our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
- Choose your schedule. No fixed schedule - everyone is responsible for getting their work done in time.
- Don’t waste your time on office politics and bureaucracy. We have a hands-on mentality and act fast.
- Escape Slack notification hell. We strive to build a work culture based on asynchronous communication. That means more time for uninterrupted, deep work.
- Learn with us. We welcome change and encourage constant learning in regard to technical, inter-personal and other skills.
- Apply with one click on LinkedIn or by email (please include your CV).
- A brief software development challenge. You complete a couple of Python functions, which are evaluated against the unit tests we provide (< 1 hour) and answer one question.
- Video call to get to know each other (30-45min).
- Interview with technical questions (remotely or in Berlin).
Apply today on LinkedIn
or by email to email@example.com.