Senior Machine Learning Engineer / Python Developer
tetrel is a start-up for machine learning based software solutions.
Our customers include medium-sized companies, start-ups, and non-profit organisations in Germany and other European countries.
We build complete software solutions that include data engineering, algorithm development, and deployment as API or app.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer to join our team in Berlin or remotely.
- As a member of our team, you design and implement data-intensive applications, libraries and services.
- You work together with our data scientists to build efficient and scalable machine learning systems.
- You deploy and run services, data pipelines, and machine learning models on our cloud infrastructure.
- You take responsibility for developing and maintaining entire libraries, services, or applications.
- More than three years of experience as a professional Python developer.
- Experience in deploying and operating applications on Linux-based cloud infrastructure using CI/CD systems.
- Passionate about developing clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Deep understanding of and at least two years hands-on experience with machine learning algorithms and applied statistics.
- Independent worker with excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and ideally also in German.
- Publicly available code or a code sample handed in with your application demonstrating your skills is a big plus.
- A master’s degree or a PhD in a quantitative field such as mathematics, physics or computer science is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Airflow, Dask, Scikit-learn, pyTorch or Tensorflow is an advantage.
What we offer
- Choose your work place. Work from our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg or remotely from anywhere you like.
- Don’t waste your time on office politics and bureaucracy. As a small company, we act fast and have a hands-on mentality.
- Keep learning. We always look for new ways to improve our algorithms, code, and software development process.
- Choose your work times. No fixed schedule - everyone is responsible for getting their work done in time.
- Actively shape and develop our modern tech stack.
- Grow with us. Develop professionally within our company, both as a technical expert (lead and principal machine learning engineer) or as a manager (team lead and department head).