Senior Data Scientist
tetrel is a start-up for machine-learning-based software solutions. Our customers include companies and non-profits in Germany
and other European countries. The consulting services, products, and tailored solutions we offer help organizations take
better decisions, as well as improve their operations and processes.
We build complete machine learning software stacks, from data engineering, algorithm development, to deployment as APIs or
We are looking for a senior machine learning engineer / software developer to join our team remotely from anywhere in Germany
or in our Berlin-Kreuzberg office.
- As a member of our team, you solve complex business problems for our customers. To that end, you consult, create analyses, develop algorithms and deploy models. Together with others in the team, you work on creating complete machine learning pipelines and software.
- You implement projects, from proof-of-concepts to complete solutions, in close coordination with our clients and us.
- You build a deep understanding of our clients’ problems from a technical and a business perspective.
- You try out new methods, technologies, and tools that help improving our workflow.
- You have at least 5 years experience in developing software and great command of Python.
- You have a thorough understanding of and professional experience with applied statistics and machine learning.
- The code you write is well structured and easy to understand. You know your way around DevOps workflows (CI/CD, Docker, Cloud Computing) and the Python data science stack (e.g. Numpy, Pandas, scikit-learn, pyTorch).
- You communicate confidently, professionally, and with empathy in English and German.
- You can work autonomously and purposefully in a fast-changing, cooperative environment and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Solving difficult problems and constant learning sounds like fun to you.
- You live in Germany and are allowed to work here.
- Ideally, you would
- have an academic degree in a quantitative major, e.g. Physics, Math, Computer Science, Econometrics.
- already have hands-on experience with deep learning, causal inference, reinforcement learning or natural language processing.
What we offer
- Choose your location. Work remotely or from our office in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
- Choose your schedule. No fixed schedule - everyone is responsible for getting their work done in time.
- Have an impact. We are a small team - you build solutions that have a direct impact.
- Don’t waste your time on office politics and bureaucracy. We have a hands-on mentality and act fast.
- Escape Slack notification hell. We strive to build a work culture based on asynchronous communication. That means more time for uninterrupted, deep work.
- Learn with us. We welcome change and encourage constant learning in regard to technical and inter-personal skills.
- Apply with one click on LinkedIn or by email (please include your CV).
- A brief software development challenge. You complete a couple of Python functions, which are evaluated against the unit tests we provide (< 1 hour) and answer one question.
- Video call to get to know each other (30-45min).
- Interview with technical questions (remotely or in Berlin).
Apply today on LinkedIn
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.